May 9, 2011

POST 80 WHOOOO

So Mum accidentally ran the battery of her car out yesterday, right. And Dad decided he'd try and clutch-start the car (I don't know what this means) to get it going again. It didn't work out so well. The car is now at the bottom of the driveway because, with no battery, we can't drive it back up.

In the words of my Dad, "I'm in so much trouble."

So anyway, my good friend Tenuto Tuo told me I was going to be on television. I am too lazy to explain. I went to tell Dad about this. Our conversation veered off topic pretty soon.

Me: Long story short, I might be on-
Dad: I think I've got it. I'll just go "Ah, about the car, well, that's a funny story" and then I'll... no, that's not it...
Me: Uh, why don't you-
Dad: Okay, okay, what about "that's a long story." and then I'll change the subject
Me: ...Just tell her it was there when you got home!
Dad: I could say "Hey, maybe the guy who repaired the hot water needed it
Me: Or maybe I moved it in a bout of temporary insanity? Of course I now have selective amnesia and cannot remember, so I can't get in trouble
Dad: What about the TV thing? "Well, the car's on the footpath because- Oh guess what, Claire's going to be on TV!" That'd work.
Me: International TV ;)
Dad: No, no, I'll just say "What, the car's out on the footpath?!?" and be as surprised as her!
Me: It was raining pretty heavily. Tell her that-
Both of us: The rain washed it away!
Dad: Perfect!
Me: I'm glad my door keep accidentally locking me in my room. She can't involve me in this.
Dad: Yes, good for you. I'm still screwed.
Me: ...Good luck! *Walks away*

Yes, we are full of good ideas.

2 comments: