Mar 16, 2011

Thoughts of a Boy-Obsessed Mind

...it doesn't have the same ring as the vacant mind title, does it?

As can be seen from previous posts, I like making lists. I big like making lists. 総目録が大すきです。
Google translate says that means '
I like large general catalog'. I love you, Google translate.

So anyway, I have decided to make another list. I was reading some of my friends blogs and thought "hey, let's make a list on the type of guys I like!"
I wouldn't rule a guy out because he doesn't make the criteria (it's not like I choose who I like now, is it?) but this is just, you know, general stuff I tend to notice.
I should totally test guys before I date them. I'll make a questionnaire for them with important stuff like do you have a good sense of humour? Are you likely to do something idiotic? What are your opinions on drugs and alcohol? Do you know what lolcats are?
I'd totally make them write an essay on why they'd be a good boyfriend, and then I'd assemble some judges who will rate the essay and, using some complex system, will decide whether this boy is worth my time or not. ツ

Ahem. Anyway. Here are my dot points.

Appearance:
- I don't like muscles. At all. They creep me out.
- Height isn't a big thing, though I do like guys who are taller than me
- I love me some red hair. Black hair is also stunning and attractive.
- I do like skinniness. Not anorexic skinny, just thin-enough-that-it-looks-like-they-could-snap. Yes, there is a difference.
- Strangely enough, I'm still into slight chubbiness as well. I guess size isn't that important (double entendre not completely intended).
- Piercings... eh... no thanks. Same for tattoos.
- I like my scene boys, but most of them turn out to be jerks so...
- I don't like body hair =/
- I don't like broad shoulders.
- I've always loved pale skin. I have three friends that are really pale, and I am so jealous.
- I love eyes. Big, round eyes. Especially in blue or green. (Random fact: my favourite sims all have red hair and mostly green eyes.)
- Just to completely go against those last two dot points, I do lust over quite a few Japanese men. This is probably just a side effect of my current obsession with Japanese culture.
- Especially Japanese men in Visual Kei clothing.

This is ナイトメア[Naitomea], also known as Nightmare. The short guy in the middle? That, my friends, is Yomi. I would tap that so hard.

Personality
- Just to be generic, I like a boy with a sense of humour.
- I also like brains. No, I'm not a zombie (though sometimes I do appear to have a vacant mind. Title drop!). I like someone with a good head on their shoulders. No, no, I don't have some sort of head fetish. I like... um... intelligence. There we go.
- Alright, screw this, I need a paragraph here.
I do like my nerd boys. This is independent from the intelligence line, by the way. I like my fandom nerds. And video game nerds. If you have a conversation with me, chances are I'll at some point bring up TVTropes, anime, fanfiction.net, Nintendo, or possibly some sort of band. You're going to be a bit of a nerd if you can talk to me about the first four.
If I ever find a boyfriend who'll cosplay with me... my life will be complete.
Back to dot points.
- My humour is kind of... sexual. Guys, you need to know when I'm joking around, k?
- This will seem really bad, but I don't like being treated like a chick. If you playfully shove me I'll assume you see me as being on your level, rather than below you. Thus, I'll be more likely to befriend you.
- I like arguments. Be opinionated, but not forceful. Don't tell me I'm wrong, give me reasoning as to why you're correct and I'm not.
- Don't be offended easily.
- Seriously, back to the nerd thing. If I tell you that the Zelda games are linked by a split-universe theory that stems from when Zelda sent Link back to the past during Ocarina of Time. There are two continuities; the child link one, and the adult link one. For the child timeline to work, you have to assume that Link alerted the King of Hyrule to Ganondorf's intentions before leaving for Termina, allowing them to banish him to the Sacred Realm, thus creating the Twilight Realm etc etc, you'd better be able to keep up with me and either agree with me, or give me some damn good arguments as to why I'm wrong. And maybe come up with some extra theories with me. If I find a man who will theorise VG plots and timelines with me, I will love him forever.

Honestly, though, a lot of that can be discarded. If I find a guy who is funny, not easily offended and isn't going to look down on me in any way, I'll be happy. But, then again, the heart works in mysterious ways. I could fall for someone who is overly-muscular, dislikes videogames, is rather serious and doesn't like arguments. Who knows?

That'd be kind of unfortunate, though... Here, have an image for no apparent reason.

Sad banana is sad =(


6 comments:

  1. I LOL'd at the sad banana at the end.
    Ahh, I maybe kinda love reading your blog :3
    We totes have waay different preferences when it comes to men, but I like that. I mean, I like have differences from people. It makes things interesting.
    Anyhow, I likes this post a lot. You're such a cool kiddo, C ;3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, we are very different with our preferences. Opposites attract, and you know I love you so...
    Thank you broski =P
    If you can't tell from my comments, I am loving your blog as well. Your posts keep making me think. You suck. I don't want to think after school! xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, aw. I'd never rule a guy out based on this list. =P

    ReplyDelete