Jun 27, 2010

Paper Mario Was Very Upsetting

Anyone remember the first Paper Mario game? There was this creature called a 'Whacka' that, when you hit with a hammer, you'd get the 'Whacka's Bump' which restored a HUGE amount of HP. So, you know, I knocked him on the head many times. After hitting him he'd become more and more disorientated. But, being a ten year old at the time, I didn't really care and kept hitting him. And then... he just... disappeared. It was only after the game then asked me "How do you sleep at night?" that I kind of went "...wait, what did I just do?"
I spent a good portion of gameplay trying to find another little Whacka. And then I cried. A lot. I mean, I'd freaking killed him.
...and then I remembered that he was the last of his species. I'd killed out the last of its kind. Oh, the guilt trip I was put on.
Seriously, that haunted me. =/ And to think, you actually have to kill him to get 100% completion. Poor Whacka. When I play through that game again, I will not kill him.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, that is terrible! That would be as scary as the music you showed me :S
    I must kill him... but I need money to buy more games D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you can get it on emulator for the 64 game. I just found him again in the Wii Paper Mario. I refuse to hit him. I don't want to hurt him again D=

    ReplyDelete