Jun 21, 2010

My throat. It itches.

Been watching two awesome animes. Inuyasha (dubbed) and Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (subbed) and... I'm giving myself whiplash xD going between violent action to violent, blood filled horror is kind of disorientating. In a good way, of course.
Seriously... I've just seen like, everyone (not quite) attempt to claw out their own throats. And now mine is extremely itchy...
Only up to episode 8 of Higurashi. On Inuyasha I've downloaded 75 episodes. I think I've seen perhaps 150 of them though via youtube and other video sites.
DAMN IT MEGA VIDEO WHY CAN I ONLY WATCH 72 MINUTES BEFORE YOU KICK ME OUT? WHAT IS THIS.
This, my friends, is why I still prefer Youtube. Even if they have started putting ads on all the popular videos.
Bah. So anyway.

Top things that give me mega nostalgia:
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time music (some Windwaker tracks do this as well.)
- The music from the first two generations of Pokemon. It only works if I listen to the original chip-tone tracks. Even the GB player on HeartGold isn't enough for me, for some reason.
- If I play some of the first songs I learned on alto sax.
- Some old tracks I used to listen to with Mum and Dad when I was like, 5.
- Alright, just old music that I really like.
- The Bowser levels on Super Mario 64.
- For some reason, all manga does this for me. Even manga I have never read before. What. I didn't even read manga as a young child.
- Photos, of course.
- The first season of the Pokemon anime.
- Cardcaptor Sakura (subbed, don't watch the dub. Nooooooo.)
- My stuffed Kero doll ^_^
- Certain smells, especially vanilla. Even though I hate cinnamon, it also makes me feel nostalgic. I have no reason for this. Maybe Mum used to fill the house with certain smells or... something... man I don't know.

Hm. The weirdest things give me nostalgia. I assume we feel nostalgia because the past is something that's familiar and we feel more comfortable with it, right? Unless, you know, you had a really bad past... that'd suck... Yeah anyway.
So I don't get it really. There's no reason for nostalgia. Other than to make us feel happy I suppose. I don't like it in that it makes me wish I was younger. I don't like being older. I tried to play with my figurines and stuff the other day but realized I just don't have the imagination I used to. D=
It is so, so horrible.

I am going on holidays for a week. Yay. Sorta. Oh well. I'll still have internet though so that's cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment