Jun 6, 2010

I have never felt so bad for a cartoon character

I'm reading up on the whole story line for the newest Gorillaz album, Plastic Beach. Just trying to catch up, you know? And, as many others have realized, Murdoc is a total monster. Apart from using (what I assume to be) anesthetic to kidnap 2D, he also creates a clone of Noodle with her DNA when he realizes she ain't coming back. (I still reckon she will, but it appears that Murdoc has created the robot to replace her, so...)
He also chloroformed 2D when he tried to get help. The whole situation is unnerving. You only hear the audio. You can hear 2D's muffled cries and then Murdoc says, in a sickly sweet, calming voice, that he should breathe in, it's alright... and then 2D goes silent.
I'm a bit of a 2D/Noodle shipper, only because those two are my favourite characters though. (Also because I can not see Murdoc and 2D together. Nobody is that masochistic. Not even 2D.) So I'm probably a bit biased, but... like... what.
That's not a punctuational error. I'm not asking a question. My response is just 'what.' as I have no words. It is like a rhetorical 'what?' or something. I don't know.

Russel has also been replaced with a drum machine. Russ seems like the sweetest, most kind hearted man I'll ever lay eyes on. And he's been replaced much like Noodle (just not quite as morbidly). Murdoc, seriously, are you high? (Answer: Probably drunk, actually.)
2D has had the roughest life. My heart dropped when I realized how much Murdoc has hurt him. I feel so bad for the poor guy. He's been in two car accidents, had two 8-ball fractures, been both physically and emotionally abused, been kidnapped and now he's been drugged. Quite possibly many times. All because of Murdoc.
Murdoc also slept with Paula, who was dating 2D at the time.
Oh boy.
Also: I want Noodle back. The new one is frightening, creepy and totally awesome, but I kind of really miss the original.

Bah. I am waiting with bated breath to see what happens next. As much as I hate it, Damon and Jamie certainly know how to real in their old fans. I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment