Apr 26, 2011

I Don't Even Know What This Is

So I was listening to Pieces by Sum 41. Which is odd for me, as that's not really the sort of music I'd listen to on a regular basis. That doesn't change the fact that I was listening to them, though, and certainly doesn't change the fact that I adore that song (despite how shameful that may or may not be for me).
Actually, I like a lot of their songs... Eh, but I digress.

The lyrics are kinda emo. Very emo. Whatever. They make the old point of 'be yourself, don't try to be perfect, it's not going to work, it's not worth it' and so on. And then I was thinking (and maybe reading Fanfiction which inspired said thoughts... that's not really the point) and I ended up deciding that I wouldn't want anyone to be 'perfect', anyway. Ignoring the fact that everyone's idea of perfection would be different, I feel that having no flaws would be terribly boring. I couldn't befriend someone who was flawless. I'd feel so very inadequate and I don't think I'd relate to them at all.
'Cause, you know, I'm not perfect. I take great pride in being as imperfect as possible. I have the tendency to try and make people angry, and I try my hardest to prove people wrong at all times regardless of their feelings. I can't be bothered to change that. I have no issues with it either. Maybe that makes me a total bitch, I don't know. I don't care.

Er, anyway. I think the greatest thing about people is how horrible we all are. I want friends that I can argue with and prove wrong (and I guess they can be right on occasion, just to keep my ego in check). If I'm going to have a friend, I want to know all of them. Not just their best traits, but also their worst. In fact, I don't care about the good traits, the ones they flaunt to everyone, because they aren't special. Often, you'll find said traits to be carefully crafted so that the person comes off as nice/friendly/etc, and those traits aren't really a reflection of their personality in the least. It's the bad aspects of their personalities that make them who they are. The traits they're more likely to hide, the ones that couldn't possibly be made up. That's who they are, right? And I want to know that side of my friends.

The good traits are known by all, the worst traits are known by few. I feel privileged to know people intimately enough to have a thorough understanding of both the good and the bad. Especially the bad.

I don't know how I managed to romanticise the fact that I have this strange fetish for the worst personality traits. I'm just that epic, I suppose. ^^

2 comments:

  1. Oh GoJo I am loving this blog!!! :D

    I have soooo many bad traits it's insane! Hahaha. But I agree wholeheartedly with what you're saying!

    Bad traits FTW! :D

    ReplyDelete