Jul 11, 2011

Rambling is a Funny Word

You know what I hate? When you go to input a password, and the computer is like THIS PASSWORD IS TOO SHORT/WEAK/ETC and tells me to change it. It's like, dude, it's my security, I don't give a damn, GIVE ME MY BLOODY PASSWORD. ASDFGHJKL

I also hate when the school computers tell you to change your password every few weeks and won't let you repeat one. My last password was ILikeCake. The one before that was qwertyuiop and before that I had asdfghjkl. The one before that was ComputerPW4. Before that came ComputerPW3, ComputerPW2 and ComputerPW.

Dad's password was FridgeMagnet before he changed it.

I just got a new computer. Well, it's not really new. It's a collection of old things put together to make a working computer. Sort of like patchwork or something. There's all sorts of stuff in there. Anyway, the wallpaper rotates between a bunch of images. These images are all bright and, no joke, full of rainbows, love hearts, little animals and household appliances with big grins. I got this computer from my dad. This is weird. I need to go find a new wallpaper.

In Rome, it's illegal to keep a fish in a fish bowl. Really. I can't help but imagine this in the Hetalia universe... Spain was probably chillin' with Romano, and was like "Roma~" and Romano was probably like "shut up bastard, go do my paperwork or something, make yourself useful" and then Spain would've been all "okay" because he's a nice guy like that. And while working he was probably thinking about how sad and lonely fish look when in fish bowls and then he went and made fish bowls illegal in Rome. It totally sounds like something Spain would do =3

I just rambled at Dad for about 10 minutes. I mustn't have made much sense, because he interrupted me to say "I'm glad you go back to school tomorrow. You need to learn something so that your brain starts working again". Ouch.

I've been listening to Megaherz recently, and someone on Twitter told me to look up Oomph! because they are similar. I told Dad about this. This is what Dad has to say about all German industrial metal:

Me: [...]and then I looked up this other metal band-
Dad: Language?
Me: German.
Dad: Oh! So it all sounds like Rammstein?
Me: ... =_=

Pretty sure Rammstein is only popular because their lyrics are so horrifying. Brb Wikipedia-ing

"In addition, the songs "Amerika", "Stirb nicht vor mir//Don't Die Before I Do," and "Pussy" contain lyrics in English. The song "Moskau" ("Moscow") contains a chorus in Russian, and they sing some of their own songs entirely in Russian (including but not only Pussy, and the Russian song штиль). "Te quiero puta!" is entirely in Spanish. Oliver Riedel commented that, "German language suits heavy metal music. French might be the language of love, but German is the language of anger.""

Whoooo languages. My family mostly speak the language of anger. I think that is awesome. Also, lol, French is the language of love. Yeah, well, y'all know my opinion on that.
Speaking of which, I've heard some damn fine French metal, so you know....


I am so guilty of this. I also have the tendency to fill up my desktop completely and then think "whoops, I can't see my wallpaper anymore". My solution? Highlight everything, create a folder called Desktop and move everything into said folder. This is great, except I end up filling my desktop again and have to create another desktop folder. I have a folder on my desktop called 'desktop'. Inside of that folder is another folder called 'desktop'. Inside that is another folder called 'desktop'. I don't know how far this goes. I should count that one day.

Anyway. It gets really bad when you do open up these 'desktop' folders, because a lot of them are full of files that I have titled by slamming my keyboard. I didn't realise that this was a bad idea until I went to find an assignment only to discover that I had a good 30 word documents with titles like "awenfahngf asdkngfasd" and "okijergrgtre08jgnrt".

It's pretty cool when I go to title something with "dfihydsfsdgfe" and it's like "you already have a document titled dfihydsfsdgfe". That's only happened once to me so far, though. I also name all the blocks in my Sims game by whacking the keyboard, so in the town of "vc" I have houses named "fsd" "t" "324" and "t43g".

Heh. Reading that was great fun because 'words' like "dfihydsfsdgfe" are read as gibberish in my mind. I actually pronounce something in my head (usually something random that probably sounds nothing like the word I'm trying to read). I don't know why that interests me.

There's some carbon tax being implemented here in Australia. I didn't care much until I heard that it's going to affect costs of airline tickets (which should've been obvious but I fail at life so shut the hell up). Aw assballs. This has ruined my day. I mean, yeah, it's only an extra $3, but still. That $3 could make or break a holiday, you know!

I'm thinking about getting a Tumblr account. I don't really know how it works, but I keep finding hilarious images on there so... Plus I kinda use Tumblr for shipping goodness. You know when you find a page full of random stuff about your favourite ship? And you react by grinning and hugging whatever's nearby?

Yeah. Yeah, it's sorta like that.

I've been doing that all day while browsing Tumblr. All day. It's friggin' awesome. ♥

I've noticed that everyone seems to like Earl Grey tea. Except me. I'll go to someone's place and it's like "would you like some tea" and I say yes, and then they say "sugar, milk, honey, anything?" and I always say "No, thank you" and then they go ahead and make it. That's great. So far so good, yeah? But I've noticed that, even if they have a vast range of different types of tea in their cupboard (My Grandma has something like 6 or 7), they always assume that I'll want Earl Grey. No one ever asks. They just go "oh, yeah, everyone likes that one".
Goddamn it.

By the way, if you ever say tea cup in a British accent (one of the posh accents, I mean), I will never take you seriously ever again. Just so you all know.

Oh! So if you bite both ends of a Tim Tam and dip one end into your tea/coffee/hot beverage and suck the other, like a straw, you end up melting the middle of it (yes, that should be obvious, but really, who actually thinks I'm going to use my Tim Tam as a straw!???) and it is amazing. It just... I don't know, but something about melted Tim Tam is so damn good. Om nom nom.


You know how the Bad Touch Trio/Bad Friends Trio/Prussia, Spain and France are depicted in fanworks? I don't know how to explain it, but there's just this degree of crazy idiotic absolutely insane awesome to everything they do. They're always shown as really comfortable with each other and doing stupid stuff to each other that you should probably get slapped for and I dunno, it's just epic, and I want friends just like that k thanks ^_^


Yes. Super-Obama is featuring in my dreams tonight guize.

1 comment:

  1. My grade 4 teacher told us about the Tim Tam straw thing. I tried it once but failed. Whatevers. Also, I love that Incredibles clip. My bros and I quote it :P

    ReplyDelete