Aug 24, 2010

My Impossible Love Affair (With VG OST's)

I love my video game OST's, or, for those not in the know, original soundtracks. There's something oddly comforting about listening to music from games I absolutely adore, not to mention how nice background tracks actually sound. They're more atmospheric, of course. That's what I love about them. Movie OST's are much the same, but I listen to more VG OST's as I'm more intimately acquainted with video games than I am with movies.
I've managed to find many old and new soundtracks, ranging from the entirety of the Super Smash Bros. Brawl soundtrack (approx. 200 tracks or so) to the older, simpler Yoshi's Story for N64 (there's less than 15 tracks on that one, I believe. I'm too lazy to go count). I've never played the Earthbound games, but I still got my hands on the Mother 3 soundtrack. Anime OST's are also something I like to collect. I'm working on downloading the Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni soundtrack (both the soundtracks from the anime and the visual novel.)

But I simply cannot find the OST of Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City (City Folk for most of you). I can get some of the main tracks, but not the K.K. Slider tracks or the hourly tunes. I can get most of K.K. Slider's live shows, just not the tracks that play in your house (not that I'm as fond of those, but I'd like them regardless). And I can get the hourly tunes condensed into one track, but not separate tracks. Don't bother looking for the tracks that play when it's raining or during winter; they're even more difficult to find. I can get a handful of them off of Youtube, but that's about all.
It doesn't help that one of the users on Youtube had uploaded quite a few of them, but they were taken down due to copyright issues. I understand the whole copyright thing, but I can't get the soundtrack anywhere else. Not even the official soundtrack seems to feature all the songs, so I'm not even able to get them legally. It's not the first time this has happened, but it's one of the most infuriating. I love AC:CF, especially the music. And I would like a copy to listen to while walking/working/suffering from insomnia. That would indeed be a dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment