Oct 9, 2011

2011 Autumn Anime Season

I've started watching a number of anime this season. Usually I only watch one or two, but I'm going all out this season since my school work-load should be significantly smaller.
...The key word here being should, of course. Let's just hope I'm right in making that assumption.

Anyway, Over the course of today (or, well, yesterday, since it's an hour into tomorrow, technically) I've watched C3, Maji De Watashi Ni Koi Shinasai!!, Kimi to Boku and Tamayura: Hitotose. The first episode of Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai was subbed not long ago, so I'll watch that in the morning, while Mirai Nikki and Guilty Crown should be airing within the next week or so.

First opinions? Well, C3 (Cube X Cursed X Curious) is... uhm... different. I expected a lot from the synopsis. Anything that mentions curses that many times must be good, right? Hm, well, the first episode really disappointed me. Too much fanservice (panty-shots in general are just bleh for me, and the amount in this show is astonishing) and badly placed humour for a show about curses and things like that. I expected it to be dark. It wasn't. At all.
I'll watch the second episode, but I'm not holding my breath on it being worthwhile, to be honest.

Tamayura: Hitotose is a slice-of-life type anime. I think it's kinda dull, but at the same time... it's captivating. The girls are all very sweet and have really different hobbies and personalities, from what I've seen, and I think it could turn into something pretty good. The music and slow pace could be a bit boring for some but I did enjoy it, so I'll be going back.

Kimi to Boku was one of the anime I was looking forward to the most. Too many slice-of-life shows feature a group of girls, so I was looking forward to a group of guys for once.
It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. That's all I really have to say on it. I'm kinda looking forward to the next episode of this one as well.

Maji De Watashi Ni Koi Shinasai!! is the one that impressed me the most. I wasn't expecting it to, actually. I quite liked the faux-war thing, and how the girls and guys were all fighting equally for once. There's some ship tease here, but that doesn't seem to be the overarching plot. Even so, I really liked this one.
It has loads and loads of characters though, which tends to confuse me. But hey, apart from that, I'm intrigued by this one. This is one I'm definitely going to continue with.

I don't even know why I want to watch Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai. It's something about the characters, rather than the show itself, I think. Mirai Nikki interests me because it's dark, has supernatural elements and features some sort of battle-to-the-death thing. Actually, from what I've read, it seems kinda similar to The Hunger Games, only with supernatural stuff added to it. Anyway, nothing else is very dark at all out of the shows I'm interested in, so this'll be a nice addition to my anime-I-must-watch list.
I have very little knowledge about Guilty Crown but the trailers look damn interesting. It's airing on noitaminA as well, which is always a plus. It usually shows a lot of deep, complex and/or dark anime, which is always good.

So, overall? So far only Maji De Watashi Ni Koi Shinasai!! has really impressed me, though I hold hope for both Tamayura: Hitotose and Kimi to Boku. C3 was... pretty terrible. Maybe it'll get better.
I'm massively looking forward to both Mirai Nikki and Guilty Crown because a girl needs her dark-violent anime in her life, right? And hell, they actually really do look intriguing. Maybe it won't entertain me as much as Death Note but perhaps they'll come close?
I have no real thoughts on Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai. Looks interesting, but I haven't really given it much thought nor have I looked into it much. Let's just see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment